Tuesday 2 October 2018

The Dog-walking Club

After having spent hours - hours and hours I tell you - working on a cover for my dog novel I've finally settled on one. I think. Until I look at it tomorrow and decide it needs just a little tweak.

And I've settled on the title: the highly imaginative but at least it 'does what it says on the tin', The Dog-walking Club.

I've tried lots of puns and variations on paws, walkies, pooches etc but wasn't grabbed by any of them. At least this title will tell people what it's about.

One of the covers I didn't choose was this one:
I like it but it looks amateurish and self-published. It's quite difficult to tell what makes a cover look professional. I've studied loads and maybe it's just knowing they're professionally published that makes the difference.

In the meantime I've learned a little more about the workings of Photoshop - and sworn at it a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment