Tuesday 15 January 2019

The group for insecure writers

Thanks to Debra who pointed the way to the Insecure Writer's Support Group. I've signed up - click on the logo if you want to find out more.

I feel I am finally coming to grips with 'doing stuff' on my blog and in general. Actually that's probably an over-estimation: I am beginning to feel as if it may be possible for me to maybe customise and do whatever else I need to do with this blog. Put it this way: I don't feel as desperate as I did last Friday when I couldn't even get an image to appear in my profile.

Sometimes my head bubbles over with what I want to write about, ideas I have, and enthusiasm and belief; other times I sit here and rock back and for on my chair, eyes a-glazed while a mantra of FaceBook Twitter Pinterest FaceBook Twitter Pinterest buzzes non-stop around my brain.

Speaking of Pinterest I keep reading about Creating Perfect Pins that Will Attract Viewers. Now, my understanding of Pinterest was that it was a pin-board on which you could store interesting snippets - as you would with a real pin-board - for your own use later. But when I put stuff on my let's call it noticeboard to avoid too much confusion - that's the last thing I need more of - it's recipes I tear out of magazines, or appointment cards, photos of children, or things I think I ought to keep but don't know where. I don't make my own special little pictures to put up there.

So the idea of creating a Pin is a bit 'what?'

But I think I'm getting it. 

If I take the IWSG logo above and pin it together with a link to this blog then I'll be creating a self-promoting pin. I think. I could go to a lot more trouble - in a previous post I mentioned Canva, software for easily creating graphics - to give my own unique view and I will move on to that, but for today, when time is running out, the logo will be adequate. 

P.S. Canva is free but you can choose to pay and upgrade in which case you get a load more designs and tools.
P.P.S. Have just realised that the reason Pinterest can't verify my website is because I put the code in the wrong position. After the second <head> not the first one. At least i hope that's the reason.

2 comments:

  1. FYI Liz, I just bought Kindle editions of your two books. They are going on my "2019 to read" list and I will let you know when I have read them. It's unlikely to be much before the summer though, because at the moment, I'm reading Annie Proulx's novel "Barkskins." It's a sweeping, 700+ page, multi-generational epic. I'm on page 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, Debra! Your support is much appreciated. Yes, I understand - 700 pages is a lot!

    ReplyDelete