Tuesday 26 March 2019

Dogs don't judge

dog quote
Unlike publishers. They judged and deemed to be unworthy.

Yes, I've had a rejection. Having not sent anything away for ages, in a flurry of hopefulness I submitted manuscripts to several publishers, and today received the first inevitable 'no thank you'.

I had forgotten how painful it is. Even when you don't really have any high hopes. Or maybe I tell myself I don't while deep down I still believe my novel is the best thing since my last novel. Also rejected.

The pain won't last forever but each time it takes a little longer to get back up. No more submitting for me.


2 comments:

  1. Rejections--ugh. It helps me to read about how many the greats received before their novels finally found a home. After 30 or so, I've had no luck finding an agent--but I did find a home with a small press. Have you considered that option? No agent required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadira, thanks for the empathy. I am considering small presses now. I hadn't realised there were so many or even that they were an option before!

      Delete