Friday 26 April 2019

Writer's resistance

It's not writer's block; it's more writer's resistance.

The fear that grips me when I find I have some time and I could do some writing on my new novel. I have no idea what's going to happen next - or even what's already happened it's been so long - but that's not the problem. It'll be fine. 

I suppose it's the fear that it's all rubbish really.

If I could just pluck up courage to open the file I'd see, 'No, it's not rubbish,' and I really believe that. So why is it such a struggle?

I have designated today a PJ and writing day. That's something I never do but I feel urgent action is needed to break down this resistance. Which, of course, is why I'm writing on here and on my other blog and on Twitter and on Facebook. 

As soon as I've finished here I will get to it. I promise myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment