Saturday 13 October 2018

Amazon Marketing Services


The Dog-walking Club ebook

My campaign stats - a grand term for some zeroes on a spreadsheet - are not awfully impressive so far. Five something or others - I think the number of times the ad has appeared - and no clicks - as in follow-up interest. 

I thought perhaps I should investigate advertising a bit more. 

Well. The first article I consulted baffled me totally. I didn't understand half the words. And I had to go back and re-read the first paragraph to find out that the AMS it kept talking about was Amazon Marketing Services. Obvious really. 

Also, people keep talking about scary sums of money like $90 or $200 a month. Makes my $20 experiment look a bit tame.

One real example showed a book that had 15,000 appearances generating 12 clicks which led to anticipated sales of  1 book at $2.99. Only anticipated you notice. They can't actually tell you if a sale did result.

But the general consensus seems to be that AMS can work but you need to keep a close eye on the figures. I think I need to spend more time on this. And not just bleep over words or phrases I don't understand. Or I could go for a long lie down.

The Dog-walking Club is currently only available as an ebook. Paperback to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment