Monday 28 January 2019

I'm playing solitaire

Last Thursday I came across the From Couch to 80K podcast. It's a free online writing course taking ten/twenty minutes a day. I foolishly thought that was doable. A weekend that has been busy but not extraordinarily so has changed my mind.

So I'm not going to do it. If I have twenty minutes to spare I will work on my novel. A much better plan. Keep focused. 

It's so easy to be distracted. Some things are necessary distractions; others are enjoyable; but many are simply time-wasters. Of course some distractions can be both enjoyable and time-wasters in which case you have to make a choice.

It could be said that writing this blog fits into the last category but I make the choice that it's worthwhile even if not obviously so. 

And sometimes playing solitaire is equally valuable, at that precise moment in time.
solitaire cards



No comments:

Post a Comment