Saturday 23 March 2019

Writers, do NOT do what I did

On FaceBook the other day I noticed a book blogger inviting authors to have a guest post on her site. I visited her site to see if we'd fit before approaching her and was surprised, nay, mystified to see I'd already done a guest post. 

I read it and, indeed, it was about me and even sounded like my style. There was something vaguely familiar about it but only in a 'could be me' way.

I scanned through my emails and messages and discovered that, yes, I had applied previously and that I'd written a blog post that had gone up on her site on 25th February. Nearly a month ago. And I'd not so much as acknowledged it. How ungrateful is that? 

You'll find my guest post here on Mrs Average Evaluates' blog. Many thanks to Claire for the opportunity.

I'm skipping over the 'how on earth could you forget something so completely?' bit as I fear I may diagnose insanity at the very least and check myself into an institution for the deranged writer.

Postscript
It occurs to me that was the week I was staying with Younger Son and family helping with toddler and new baby. I wasn't on twitter or FaceBook much so may have missed notification. Can I blame it on baby brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment