Thursday 18 April 2019

How do they do it?

Nearly a month since I last posted. I was on holiday. For a week. And, um ... fill in some excuses, please.

Back now and determined once again to make my mark. Ha ha, I laugh as I write that. Until the next time I hear my brain say. How on earth do other people manage to be so active on social media and write and market books? Many of them have full-time jobs too, and a family.

Must be more focussed focused. (Must remember there is only one 's' in focused.) Must not be so easily distracted. Trouble is that it's spring now. When the sun shines - occasionally - and it's too nice to stay in.

But for now I will settle back contentedly and revel in discovering that I am smarter than I thought. Read on.

Typical notes I write to myself
Before I went on holiday I wrote a note to myself listing things I needed to do on return. With some time to spare this afternoon I began to work through my list. All was going well until I came to this note: RUBY - pitch.

Ruby? Well, if I am to pitch it must be a small press publisher so over to Google. Nothing came up. Curious. 

I asked on Twitter for any ideas and was helpfully pointed in the direction of Choc Lit's subsidiary, Ruby. Aha! Went to their site and found a submission form. All this was now familiar, so familiar in fact that I wondered if I had already pitched.

I wrote on here a few weeks ago that I had done some submitting but hadn't mentioned names. Tapped fingers on desk. Vague recollection that I'd written down details of submissions. Somewhere. My notebook maybe? No. A scrap of paper? I hope not. Wait ... a cog is ticking over in my sluggard brain. Did I set up a new excel file? Please tell me I did. Yes!

I am a star! 

And, no, I hadn't pitched to Ruby but have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment