Friday 27 September 2019

My first Book Fair

I am taking part in my first Book Fair tomorrow. If you've read my previous post you probably guessed I didn't have much experience of them ...

Today I am reasonably calm. I have been to the bank to organise my float - I live in hope that I will sell some books - and I have planned my props. All I need to do now is practise my table layout, make price labels, decide what to wear, and print out my bookmarks. Which reminds me: the printer should be making my trial copy now but is worryingly silent. 

I contacted Amazon to see if it would be possible for me to pick up my books from a depot rather than wait until Monday for delivery. I was in communication with two awfully nice young men who tried their best but as the books are en route from Germany it seems unlikely. They did, however, give me a £5 refund for the inconvenience. Jolly nice of them as it was my fault.

So, tomorrow, if you're in west Wales, do pop along to Narberth Book Fair. It's also Narberth Food Festival so you have even more reason to come!

Potential display. I may abandon the props (choc, dog, plate) and keep it clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment