Sunday 12 January 2020

Don't get it right

Happy New Year to you all! (That might be ambitious and over-estimating my number of readers. Perhaps I should say, 'Happy New Year to the four of you.')

Today is the first time I have looked at this blog since I posted the advert. My enthusiasm for self-promotion waned in the chaos of 'preparing for the Big Day' or Christmas as it is sometimes called.

As usual at this time of year I get the urge to pick up the writing/promoting baton, and resolve to not only write each day but get back into Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest as well as my writing FaceBook page.

But where does anyone find the time? Especially if it has to be fitted in alongside family life. I can't use the excuse that I go out to work: I retired years ago. It's just other commitments and my tendency to procrastinate.

Plus the inevitable occasional, 'I'm rubbish at this writing lark anyway so why I am even bothering?'

Putting that aside briefly I did write yesterday. Write as in write my new novel, sequel to my first. Which reminds me, I have added distractions. Husband, taking me at my word when I said I wanted to do a podcast, a serialisation of novel one, bought me a microphone and headphones for Christmas. So all I have to do is get on with it.

Deep breaths. Makes writing seems a preferable alternative.

James Thurber, who I believe was the first person to come up with that quote, also said, “If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons. ”

Sounds like a wise man.

No comments:

Post a Comment