Friday 12 June 2020

What's in a name?

Yesterday I completed the first draft of the sequel to my first novel! One hundred and one thousand words, give or take a few. 

I'll probably need to cut out some bits that may be waffly but I am pleased with the decision I made that got me to the end a little faster than I had anticipated.

Now I need a title. I always find that the hardest bit. This Time Next Year took us through a year in the life of the heroine, at the end of which (SPOILER ALERT but not really because you've probably guessed that I love a happy ending) she got her man. The sequel has jumped forward a few years and she and her man have set a wedding date, and we follow her through the ups and downs of the months ahead.

So what to call it? I could be here some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment